Thursday, April 17, 2008

Set of the Day

"Another romantic daydream" by shrimp crackers

The first time I saw this set, I didn't get it. But the more I look at it, the more I'm digging it. This wreaks of creativity, folks. The colors are very complementary and not terribly surprising, but what's unique is how it's being worn. Taking a floral tiered skirt and using it as a short petticoat is just adorable, especially under that fiercely modern dress. The way the dress cuts in around the bottom would gather the skirt underneath and make it look thicker and fluffier, more like a petticoat and less like excess fabric. I love the frilly fishnet socks with the pink flats too. Oh, and I just noticed the balance sitting underneath the dress, hah! I was just about to say, this set is all about balancing super super contrasting ideas. You've got the bad ass with the dress and fishnets, and the sweetie pie with the ...well, the rest. And the look does not really sway to either end, it's firmly set in the middle of those two conflicting ideas. Really, a brilliant, brilliant set!

0 comments: