Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vintage Wednesdays

Good morning, good morning, happy hump day! I'm actually quite droopy and this post is coming to you pre-coffee. But I will press on because I do actually have work to do today. Today's "Vintage Wednesday" set comes to us from Portia!



Portia and I have been doing this Polyvore thing for a long time, and I've seen her sets improve tremendously, not that they weren't ALWAYS good. This particular set swept me away into wistful longing for a trip to post-war Paris, the late 40s and early 50s. This is the kind of vintage styling that I like, old-school glamour with just a hint of modernism. The outfit in this set is totally 2009, let's be honest, but it definitely hearkens back to a bygone era, when women were women and men were men. It is characteristically soft and pretty, gentle and sophisticated with a touch of spice to give flavor. Well done, Portia, I am ever so impressed!

0 comments: