Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Vintage Wednesdays

"Attic Treasures 2"
(apparently there was an Attic Treasures 1?)


Up in the attic, Down on my knees
Lifetimes of boxes, timeless to me
letters and photographs yellowed with years
some bringing laughter, some bringing tears

Time never changes the memories, the faces
of loved ones who bring to me
All that I come from, and all that I live for
And all that i'm going to be
My precious family is more than an heirloom to me
--Amy Grant



So this is one of mine, 9 months old. I remember those photographs on the ground were a very popular image at the time. Henedina had found that picture frame...and it was around this time folks were first introducing non cloth items...like the plant and the boxes and the books and everything. Using old letters as a background was very fashionable as well. This is really when Polyvore started to be about more than clothes...for better or worse. I still like the idea of fashion telling a story rather than just...telling a story...but I suppose that concept is difficult for many to grasp...I still don't fully understand it myself. But I love this set (and a number of the sets I made around the same time) because they're rooted in something deeper than the latest trends or Galliano's Fall/Winter line...they really are timeless.

0 comments: