Friday, May 09, 2008

Set of the Day

"is it true?" by ckhopper
"you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl"

I think people tend to underestimate the importance of a good graphic. Imagine this set WITHOUT the cartoon...it's good...yes, but it isn't set of the day. The cartoon is why this is set of the day, because it provides a unique, thought-provoking context. That said, I love the shoes. I would have gone for a salmon colored shoe and I would have been wrong, because the shoe keeps this very realistic rather than, sort of...cartoony in a christian lacroix kinda way. The bag is one of my favorites because the color is so unusual and supersaturated. The gold accessories complement the outfit very nicely, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink make-up. It perfectly excecutes the meaning behind this set. It's pretty, sophisticated, and playful...kinda flirty with a sense of humor. Well done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm new to blogging and stumbled across your blog. That is a beautiful dress... I'm looking for a summer ball dress at them moment, but can't choose form all the "not quite right" dresses in my wardrobe!

Karmander said...

hey there, nice to meet you! The dress is an alberta ferretti from net-a-porter.com...actually, if you click on the set you can see where all the items are from. Good luck on the search!