Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


Hi everyone...so yesterday, I turned 26.



I would like to thank everyone who made this birthday special, and it WAS special. I don't even know where to begin.


Last Sunday, my friend from church took me out to lunch and my band gave me a card and sang happy birthday even though my birthday wasn't until Thursday(yesterday...today is friday...yeah.)


So then yesterday, my actual birthday, wasn't supposed to be much special at all. I was going to work and school and choir practice...I had a full day, and none of it called for revelry. But when I got to work, the ladies I work with (and Todd) bought bagels and balloons and we had a little mini-party in one of the cubicles. They also signed a card. My mom and dad took me out to dinner quite unexpectedly. And then at choir they sang happy birthday for me and got me a damn CAKE! Totally unexpected, really. I had no idea that was going to happen. And I was stuffed too, after dinner, so eating the cake was a little painful lol. But I choked it down.


And saturday, we have plans to go out to dinner...so it's been more of a Birthweek than a Birthday, I can tell you that.




Guccilovexoxo from Polyvore made me a happy birthday set, because she's wily and picked up on it ;-)


...it's been wonderful to have so many people...


You know...



I work in a...a glorified closet here at Bayer. I'm by myself most of the day, 5 days a week 8 hours a day for 2 years (well I was, before I started school). As a result, i've gone a little loopy. I feel very detached from people and the only time I interact on any level, it's a confrontation and not a friendly meeting. So to see how many people there actually ARE in my life...how many folks care on any level about what happens to me...how many would show up at my funeral and it's more than 3 or 4...it's a surprise. I know that sounds sad, that I'm surprised more than 3 people would go to my funeral...it's just how it's been for me.


I'm not very good at expressing this kind of thing but I am...so grateful and touched by the efforts of those who made my 26th birthday one to remember. I'm a big fan of celebration, and I believe that "not making a fuss" is an insult to the basic foundation of simple happiness. Even though I had to suffer mild embarrassment, I'm so glad they made a fuss :)

7 comments:

Ali said...

happy birthday! I swear that about 90% of fashion bloggers are virgo - have you noticed? everyone's celebrating birthdays, and mine's on tuesday!

henedina said...

Happy Birthday Molly!!!!! Hope you are enjoying yourself and congratulations on your first period success!

Xoxo,
Barb

Karmander said...

thank you so much ladies! And happy birthday to you, ali!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Molly. I always tell you how many people really care about you. : )))))))))
Love,
MOM

Jael Paris said...

More fuss! I'm so happy I got to meet you through Polyvore! Have a very merry unbirthday until it swings around again.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late but...happy birthday girl! 26 is quite an age...i'm 26 aswell...
i hope you make more and more great sets!

Karmander said...

thanks! I'm trying to keep up a little :D