Friday, June 26, 2009


RIP
1958-2009

I know every blog in the world is going to be reporting on this, in one way or another. I haven't visited any of my blogs yet because I want to do this right. I don't think anyone can fully express the impact Michael Jackson has had in our lives. For me, Michael Jackson's Thriller was my first "pop" album, handed down to me from my sister, and I listened to it and nothing else for weeks. I had no idea what Billie Jean was about. Heck, I didn't even know Billie Jean was a girl...I thought it was some guy claiming to be Jackson's mover. But I didn't care, because even back then, I knew the groove was hot and you just had to dance. That album also contained one of my favorite songs of all time, Human Nature. Human Nature is the ringtone on my phone and has been for the better part of a year now. I fell in love with Weird Al' Yankovich because of his spot on "eat it". As I grew older, I was amazed by little Michael in the Jackson Five. My playlists are littered with Jackson songs. When I was in 5th grade, our choir sang "Heal the World" for an outdoor concert near the playground. And as I contemplate his impact today, I'm sure I'll remember far more details about how much Michael Jackson has meant to me consciously or subconsciously throughout my life.




Jackson was a living legend, and it'd be easy to say "Now, he's just a legend". But he has finally shot through the stratosphere and is in the stars, where he belongs.

0 comments: