Thursday, April 03, 2008

Light and Shadow


What to say about this one...well, it's one of my favorites of mine. On one side, of course, you have light, and the other shadow. I placed the silver shirt in the middle because it would be worn under both jumpers. I don't want to be condescending, but you'll note that the shoes are the same style, the pearls, the jumpers, the sunglasses, the tights...everything is the same style...the only difference is how much light is in them. The portrait up top is meant to illustrate that, one side of her face in the light, the other in shadow...same face, different lighting. Furthermore, everything is interchangable so there's a real feel of comparison and contrast. I'm sure there's a deep philosophical point to be made regarding how light works with shadow etc etc...but I won't go into that now.

0 comments: