Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nostalgia: noun 1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time: a nostalgia for his college days.
2. something that elicits or displays nostalgia.

Lisa Frank Inspired Look
Lisa Frank Inspired Look by DianaFlo* featuring Marc Jacobs bags


This is nostalgia for my generation. Lisa Frank. Even as a child, I knew this wasn't great design. I knew unicorns and fairies were twee even for a child, but I didn't care. It was bright and shiny and puffy and I loved Lisa Frank stuff. I had the folders, I had a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper, I had those little puffy stickers that were impossible to remove once stuck which made them more irritating than pretty. The phase came and went pretty fast, but there was a time when I just couldn't get enough of it. This set perfectly captures that Lisa Frank mentality. It's not sophisticated or mature, it's just freakin' awesome. Those shoes! I am in love with those shoes! And the grown ups in the office won't let me wear them. The day-glo delight of the early 90's will forever be a reminder of better times, when Clinton was in office and I could still wear shiny leggings with neon stars all over it and look perfectly appropriate. those were the days.

0 comments: